Guice Persist support for Neo4j
Mark Angrish
2016-09-14 02:33:18 UTC
Hi everyone,

I'm a developer on the Neo4j Object Graph Mapper (OGM)
<https://github.com/neo4j/neo4j-ogm> and Spring Data Neo4j (SDN)
<https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-data-neo4j> projects and I've
just dropped an initial release to integrate Neo4j with Guice.

You can find the release here at guice-persist-neo4
<https://github.com/inner-loop/guice-persist-neo4j>j.

This mostly just adds @Transactional support and follows the same behaviour
as the Guice Persist JPA module.

Improvements welcome :)

- mark
Thomas Broyer
2016-09-14 05:46:44 UTC

A few years ago, I did a similar thing at https://github.com/tbroyer/guice-persist-neo4j
Feel free to borrow some code, but IIRC it didn't do more than yours.
Mark Angrish
2016-09-16 01:17:52 UTC
Hi Thomas,

Yeah I saw yours. I will look through it more carefully when i get the
chance.

I think there are a number of bugs in the core guice-persist framework that
I'd like to iron out (it doesn't seem to update much so i might fork it)
but other than that it's just straight up transactional support.

::mark
Hi,
Stephan Classen
2016-09-16 06:58:53 UTC
I was using guice-persist in an environment with multiple databases and
ran into some limitations (see the guice bug tracker).

Since there was not much effort from the official developers I decided
to write my own persist extension. I supports out of the box:

- All features of guice-persist
- JPA with multiple databases
- JTA (multi resource transactions)
- resolved some of the issues from the Guice bug tracker

So if you have questions, need hints just ask on this list.

Feel like browsing more code:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/onami/trunk/persist/

Cheers
Stephan
Mark Angrish
2016-09-18 12:42:42 UTC
Thanks Stephan,

I will check it out :)
Post by Stephan Classen
[...]
Post by Thomas Broyer
Hi,
A few years ago, I did a similar thing at
https://github.com/tbroyer/guice-persist-neo4j
Feel free to borrow some code, but IIRC it didn't do more than yours.
<javascript:>.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-guice.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-guice/f1482282-576f-4ed4-b6c6-8e1a817e0c02%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-guice/f1482282-576f-4ed4-b6c6-8e1a817e0c02%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>